Echo every client's voice so well they'll hire you again & again
Over these four lessons, you’ll learn how to sound like any client, even if their voice is unique. We'll deconstruct the science of analyzing, matching, mirroring, and evolving any style so you can bring your skills to bigger clients and bolder brands… And pump out near-perfect copy on the first shot.
And you may just improve your own style along the way.
Understanding what voice truly is (and why most writers get it wrong)
Measuring voice with a process (so you can identify and mirror any style)
Distilling the nine voice types (and knowing what characteristics to spotlight)
Positioning your voice skill as a superpower (so you can differentiate yourself from the pack)
Becoming crystal clear on your own writing voice (then adjusting it to match your client's style)
Approaching clients confidently (even the bigger ones) with a plan to stand out
Asking the right questions for better feedback (so you know what to adjust moving forward)
Bringing copy to life by cranking up the three elements of voice (without making your client sound like a caricature of themselves)
- Using worksheets and tools to measure your copy (and confirm it's right before you submit it)
Knowing you have the right voice (before you ever write your first word)
...And delivering on your promise to truly “get" your client better than any writer has before.
You'll even have live access to Justin for questions during Office Hour calls.
BONUS CALLS & OFFICE HOURS
Hear what copy chiefs REALLY look for when they hire—and hone your pitch to land more projects
Take your skills even further with 4 additional trainings & AMA sessions
Your dashboard Includes:
- Pitch With Power: See how to demonstrate your skills on sales calls
- Abbey Woodcock: on what she looks for when she builds a writing team
- Angie Colee: on what it takes to write for a big name client, what to expect when you land the gig, and how she keeps the brand voice alive.
- Daniel Throssell: on the importance of voice and differentiating yourself in a direct response world
- Office Hours with Justin Blackman (monthly): Monthly 60-minute Ask Me Anything sessions for all your questions about voice, writing, clients, services, positioning, or any unique situation you're facing.
Write Like Anyone is part of The Codex Persona Workshop. It features Abbey Woodcock & Justin Blackman's techniques for analyzing voice and writing for clients like Ramit Sethi, Amy Porterfield, Jeff Walker, Stu McLaren, Mastin Kipp, Frank Oz, Ryan Levesque, Ashlyn Carter, and Danny Iny... plus dozens of B2B, B2C, tech, SaaS, and personal brands.
You'll learn a practical approach to voice which, behind price, is the #1 concern of most clients...
And you'll have a powerful science to back up your natural intuition.
Office Hour Call schedule TBA
Instructed by Justin Blackman